Monday, February 3, 2014

Essay Topics

So for the past few days we have been discussing topics for our three essays we will be doing this semester. Everyone in the class had to agree on the topic. So if one person didn't want that topic we couldn't use that topic or we had to try and convince them on why they should want to write about that topic. It is very hard for everyone in the class to be able to agree on something because everyone likes and dislikes different things and have different opinions on certain situations. I wasn't too worried about which topics we chose. I just definitely did not want to talk about environment or school. I honestly didn't think we as a class were ever going to decide on three topics until today when we found out if we came up with the two topics as a group that our third topic would be our own choice. So we finally chose crime and punishment as one topic and family as the other topic. For our third topic everyone can decide on another one themselves. So then everyone will be happy and it will be fair because everyone will be able to do a topic that they were passionate about and be able to write about something they enjoy writing about and is interesting. I am very happy about the choices we finally came up with and I am so glad we are done discussing it! Hopefully these three essays will be interesting to do and will be fun to do and by researching about these topics you will learn a lot on theses topics too.

2 comments:

  1. This was the saddest way to start off our semester in English 101. the whole class had to pick three topics for the whole class to agree o. For two class periods we were arguing and yelling at one another to pick topics. I am very glad that we picked crime and punishment and family and a third choice of our own. They are the most important things to me right now especially family. my third choice will probably be religion I am a Christian, I have attended church all my life. These topics will be a success for me because they were my favorite three :)!

    ReplyDelete